"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it.”
Convinced that today’s leaders would benefit from an authentic leadership style based on empathy, trust and a purposeful common project, Malene Rydahl is proposing a tailored program to managers and to executive committees of companies that wish to increase engagement and performance.
Certified as an executive coach from the prestigious School of Coaching Manning Inspire in Copenhagen, she has developed both individual and collective programs of executive coaching. These programs are designed for executives aiming to become inspiring leaders focusing on well-being, the key to performance, engagement and attracting and keeping the best talents.
EXECUTIVE COACHING FOR MANAGERS AND EXECUTIVE COMMITEES
Self-awareness: Using the Compass of Values to get to know yourself and your navigation system
The coaching sessions, both individual and collective, are based on Malene Rydahl’s method: The Compass of Values. The objectives of the sessions are to enable us to understand our navigation system and how we can use it in the best possible way to be authentic leaders who know how to communicate and listen to employees and other stakeholders. The Compass of Values is a tool which is easy to implement, and it has already proven to be successful in many international and smaller corporations.
How does it work? You can’t understand people around you if you don’t know yourself well enough. Each and every one of us has our own navigation system, with our own core values that guide our actions. Personal values have triggered positive and negative consequences in our life. It is crucial to understand how we got to where we are today and decide if this is still the best way for us to act and also interact with other people.
During the coaching sessions, Malene Rydahl helps us identify these fundamental values and be conscious and true to ourselves when making decisions. Thus, it becomes easier to communicate and collaborate with others, whether it be at the executive level or with members of the team. Ultimately, it is a matter of knowing ourselves well, being aware of our own motivations, taking the time to understand others and welcoming their perspectives in order to stimulate well-being and enhance innovation and productivity at work.
The relationship with others: Building empathy skills for an inspiring and sustainable leadership style
Malene Rydahl considers that empathy is a core skill for managers and executive committees.
Empathy means trying to identify what other people believe and feel in a particular context. Empathetic leaders open up to other ways of addressing a situation, they welcome collective intelligence and they reassert their own legitimacy in a trustful environment.
Empathetic executive leaders know how to:
- Diffuse Conflicts: Many conflicts originate from simple misunderstanding and the feeling of not being respected. Empathy can resolve tensions because it brings perspective and understanding.
- Motive and Engage: Empathetic people, because they know how to listen and discuss, can motivate the teams and bring employees together in a common project.
- Free up Innovation and Creativity: Employees who feel understood and respected are free to be themselves and feel free to suggest new ideas.
- Foster Economic Efficiency: Encouraging “positive emotions” in the work environment generates more engagement, cooperation and productivity. Employees who feel happy have roughly 12% greater productivity at work. And employees who are also attentive to their colleagues’ emotions and well-being attain 17% greater productivity (Happiness and Productivity, Andrew J Oswald, Eugenio Proto and Daniel Sgroi).
- Foster a Great Public Image and Reputation: Empathetic workers are more open minded and more attentive to their clients and partners’ expectations. Therefore, they become outstanding ambassadors of their company. It is good for the reputation of the company and the business.
WHAT IS COVERED?
- Self-awareness: Using the Compass of Values to get to know yourself and to act consciously according to your values.
- Relationship with others: Building empathy skills for an inspiring and sustainable leadership style.
- Authentic leadership: Ultimately, fostering trust, empathy and a sense of purpose through authentic leadership.
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Executive leaders of restructuring companies, having to face an ever-changing environment.
- Executive leaders who want to understand their teams and to embody an authentic leadership based on trust and empathy.
- Executive boards that aim to improve communication and collaboration.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
According to the company’s needs, Malene Rydahl offers tailored programs, which can either be individual or collective.
In both cases, the first session is individual and lasts half a day. The following coaching sessions (2 hours each) are scheduled for a period open to discussion.